Integrate Google Analytics Account
If you want to track your ticketshop with Google Analytics, all you need to do is set your Google Analytics account ID (UA-XXXXXXX-X) into your event:
- - open the administration area of your event
- - go to menu item "Tracking"
- - add your ID at "Analytics Account ID"
After this is done you will see incoming traffic in your Google Analytics account for every page impression done to your XING Events event page (or the integrated ticketshop).
The "referrer tracking" is a feature in Google Analytics that will tell you from what other websites or campaigns the user reached your event page/ticketshop.
This feature is now fully supported by our ticketshop. Even if you integrate the shop as an IFrame on your own page the referrals of the shop page impressions use the referral of your main page.
But with the switch to Universal Analytics by Google you may encounter a high number of referrals from xing-events or our payment processors. To fix this, please exclude the following referral domains from your Analytics Property:
xing-events.com paypal.com sofort.com wirecard.com
The explanation by Google on how to do this can be found here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2795830
Our ticketshop consists of multiple steps the user has to complete to buy a ticket. With Google Analytics you have the possibility to see at which step the users left the shop or on the other hand see how man succeeded buying a ticket. You are also able to use the data that is triggered after a successful buying process to see which of your campaigns resulted in the most sales (see Referrer tracking for integrated ticketshops in case you are working with the IFrame). All the virtual page impressions our system triggers have your event identifier attached to it, so you can distinguish between multiple events. You can of course simply ignore that part of the URL to see the conversion across all your events. These are the (maximum) steps existing in our ticketshop and the corresponding virtual page impression triggered in Google Analytics:
|Step||Description||Virtual page impression|
|BuyerData||Step where the user provides his buyer information, like the billing address.||/ticketShopBuyerData.html?event=<eventIdentifier>|
|TicketData||Step where the user provides information for each ticket he selected (this step may be skipped if you do not request additional information per ticket).||/ticketShopTicketData.html?event=<eventIdentifier>|
|PaymentOptions||Step where the user can choose between eTicket/paper ticket and buy a CO2 certificate (this step may be skipped if you only offer one ticket type and CO2 certificated are not available in your shop).||/ticketShopPaymentOptions.html?event=<eventIdentifier>|
|PaymentData||Step where the user selects his payment method (step may be skipped if the user is buying free tickets).||/ticketShopPaymentData.html?event=<eventIdentifier>|
|CheckData||Confirmation step where the user sees all his data in a summary for a last confirmation.||/ticketShopCheckData.html?event=<eventIdentifier>|
|Success||The success screen after the payment was succesfully processed.||/ticketShopSuccess.html?event=<eventIdentifier>|
Conversion tracking can be done with Google Analytics by defining "Goals". A goal in our case is a successful ticket purchase that we can identify by a page impression on the /ticketShopSuccess.html URL.
1. To define such a goal in Google Analytics, open your view and click on the "Admin" icon at the bottom left
2. At the "View" column select "Goals":
3. Select "Import from Gallery:
4. At the top left search for "XING Events" to find our "XING Events Ticket Sold" goal
5. Select the "XING EVENTS Ticket Sold" goal and click on "Import":
6. Click "Create" and afterwards click "Done" to finish the import:
7. Now everything is set up. After some data arrived you are able to see the conversion funnel in the "Funnel Visualisation" (at "Reporting"->"Conversion"->"Goals"->"Funnel Visualization"):
Be aware that goals only work for future incoming data, so after the goal creation your conversion funnel will still be empty until new purchases happen in your event.
In case you followed the instructions above but do not receive any data in your account, please check the following:
- - Revalidate that the account ID you have entred at our "Tracking" menu item exactly matches the ID shown in your analytics account (UA-123456-78)
- - In your Analytics account go to Admin->Filters (in the "View" column) and check the filters activated in your account. E.g. if you have a filter that blocks all traffic not coming from you own domains, remember to extend the list to allow traffic from xing-events.com
- - Remember, that you may not see the exact same number of ticket sales in google analytics like in our backend at xing-events.com. The number of users blocking google Analytics in their browser in increasing.